Tuesday, June 2, 2009

[almost] Saipua!





We're not quite there yet, but we're getting very close and everyone is super excited...including Nea.

With our deadline fast approaching, it seems untimely to be boarding a plane tonight and heading to the Netherlands for 7 days. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little stressed about leaving in the middle of a project, however, this is not the first time I have had to leave during a deadline*, and there are some things in life that you should never miss. This week, I am lucky enough to have two good reasons to take some time off:

1. An and I celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary on Friday [we've actually been together for 11 years!]
2. An has her first solo exhibition in her new gallery in the Hague! [more to come in the next post]

This really has been an amazing project to work on, and I think in the end the new Saipua will be the project we're most proud to have been a part of. Keep an eye out for a July 1st opening!

*while finishing the 3.1 Phillip Lim Boutique in Soho, I had to leave for a prior teaching commitment in Shanghai and Beijing for two weeks at a time over 6 weeks. With the help of a high speed internet connection, an amazing crew in my office and our trustworthy contractors [yes they do exist] we managed to not only finish 1 week early, but under budget as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment